EN  |      HE

Poland: Immigration Bulletin – Short-term, Intercompany Transfers Simplified

The Polish Ministry of Foreign Affairs recently concluded an agreement with the Ministry of Labor which will allow companies to send certain non-EU citizens to Poland without first having to apply for a short-term visa.  According to the new regulations, non-EU employees may work in Poland for up to 30 days, provided that they may otherwise travel to Poland visa-free.


Although such individuals may enter Poland based on their passport alone, they will also need to carry a detailed transfer letter with them so as to avail of the agreement. The letter must be presented upon arrival to Poland.


The agreement allows employees to work in Poland without a permit for up to 30 days within a one-year period.


Please note that while some visa-free, non-EU citizens may stay in Poland for up to 90 days, the work period under the revised rule is limited to 30 days.  For work that extends beyond 30 days, a permit must be obtained in advance and presented at the point of entry to Poland.


Non-EU citizens planning to work in Poland should be aware that proof of health insurance from a recognized health insurance company is obligatory in order to enter the Schengen area.  Coverage must be for a minimum of 30,000 EUR for trips within the zone, including medical repatriation. The insurance must extend to cover the entire assignment period.


The Ministry of Foreign Affairs has confirmed that the new regulations are currently in force.


Although multiple embassies have acknowledged the change, no written regulation exists at this stage, nor can guidance be found in current Polish legislation. 


Thus, discrepancies may remain regarding this issue between the information distributed by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and that given by Polish consulates and embassies.


Move One is currently following up with the relevant authorities for further confirmation.


By Courtesy of our partners Move One Relocation

Our articles are for informational purposes only. Should you have any further questions regarding immigration issues, please do not hesitate to contact our office for more information.